AEI Cables Statement
- AEI Cables has announced it is serving notice of redundancy on a number of employees and that it is proposing to enter a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA).
- Following an extended period of collective redundancy consultation which started in September 2016, the company has regrettably reached the decision that it is unable to continue manufacturing and that it will continue as a sales-only business.
- The majority of the company's 198 employees will leave on or before Friday, January 6. As part of a phased closure, approximately 40 employees will continue working until the beginning of March. Some 13 sales and administration staff will stay on working for the company after September at a location to be decided.
- In the CVA, employees can claim statutory redundancy pay from the Government's Redundancy Payments Office, while the company can pay creditors over a fixed period in accordance with the terms of the CVA. If creditors agree the CVA, the company can continue trading in the meantime.
- A spokesman for AEI Cables said: "The company has been losing money for some time and, following careful consideration of other options to avoid or reduce the number of potential redundancies, it was necessary to either find a buyer or to cease production.
- "Despite significant investment in the plant over the last two-and-a-half years, profitable production levels have not been achieved. With unviable output levels and without a buyer, we deeply regret that manufacturing operations will have to cease. We will be providing all the advice and guidance we can to those being made redundant."
For media enquiries:
Paul Tustin or Ben Hewes
Tel: +44 (0)1772 888400 / 07808 479636
Mineral Insulated Cable and Accessories
- Our high quality Mineral Insulated range meets every level of requirement and satisfies all standards and legislation. We supply an extensive range of cable and accessories, available on a short lead time. Many products are available ex-stock, including light and heavy duty cable.
Stay In Touch
- The stringent fire performance standards developed by London Underground are well known throughout the world. Designed to ensure an unprecedented level of fire safety and derived from many years of experience. AEI's material scientists have developed a special grade of cross linked halogen free polymeric insulation compound to offer all the proven advantages of AEI's standard Firetec single core range, with the addition of full compliance with LUL 1-085. More...